The service is completed as follows:
- Drain water off winter cover and remove debris – Pool cover debris will be bagged and placed at the side of the house for disposal by the home owner
- Remove, clean, fold and store pool cover and water bags etc.
- Reinstallation of diving board, ladder, lights and return fittings etc.
- Reconnect pump, filter, heater, chemical feeder or salt system
- Hose off deck
- Add shock treatment
- Turn on hose to raise the water level
- Start up filter system, check and fix any minor plumbing leaks NOTE Pump start up will be done Day 1 if possible
- Vacuum pool, brush walls and steps
- Skim water surface
- Assemble automatic pool cleaner if applicable (will not be placed in pool)
- Add second shock treatment if necessary due to water clarity and/or colour
- It is recommended to open your pool at least two weeks prior to desired use.
- Pool water requires a minimum of 48 hours circulation before testing, analysis and treatment to balance.
- It is not recommended to install solar cover on pool until water has been tested and balanced.
- The pool opening service is a two day process, services started on Saturday will be completed on Monday (some exceptions may apply). Unexpected issues encountered during service may delay pool opening completion. Starling Pools & Spa service technicians do not start pool heaters as part of the pool opening service. A Heater Clean & Start service may be booked at an additional cost to be performed by a licensed gas technician